Hi! My name is Jemima. Here is my campfire recipe. It was a delicious yummy mess last time I made it on my family’s camping trip. (I was cooking for 15 people). Enjoy!!!😜🔥👌
- 4 tbs SR Flour
- 3 tbs. Brown sugar
- 2 tbs. cocoa powder
- 1 tbs Skim milk powder
- Pinch. Salt
- 1 tbs. orange juice
- 1 tbs. sunflower oil
- 1 Medium Egg
- 25g. Dark chocolate chopped
- 2 Large oranges
- Aluminium foil
- Squirty cream
- Before you leave home on your camping trip, mix together the flour, sugar, coco powder, milk powder, and salt in a small plastic container.
- Cut off the tops of your oranges, about an inch from the top to make a flat lid.
- Over a bowl, carefully scoop out the flesh of the oranges. This will be a juicy mess, but try and reserve as much of the juice as possible. Wash and dry the oranges.
- Mix the orange juice, sunflower oil, and egg with the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the coarsely chopped chocolate and spoon the mixture into the prepared oranges, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Wrap each orange loosely in aluminium foil, taking care to keep the oranges upright.
- Place your oranges on the edge of your campfire, out of direct flame but close enough to the embers that the cakes will bake.
- After 25-30 minutes remove the cakes from the heat and carefully unwrap. You should see cooked cake peeking out between the orange bowl and the lid.
- Eat as it is or with squirty cream kept cool in an ice box.
Ps… Crush the left over orange pulp in a bowl to remove as much of the juice as possible. Enjoy some fresh squeezed orange juice!
Please Support our Family Business
If you like this page and our website please support our business by sharing this page:
If you would like to keep in touch with us by email,
Brett, Mandy, Isabella & Christian Hooper